Goldenport Shipmanagement is committed to manage and mitigate the identifiable environmental impacts and to comply with all National and International rules and regulations associated with Company’s activities.
An Environmental Management System is being developed in order to identify all operational processes and ensure achievement of our objectives and targets set, trough the monitor and constantly review of these procedures
It is Company’s commitment to operate its ships by safeguarding environment following these principles:
- To comply with all National and International rules and regulations, such as MARPOL, Flag State, Port State, in all operational activities related to the environmental protection.
- Continuously improvement and committed to the objectives set.
- Minimizing the risk from all shipboard operations and activities such as: bunkering operations, garbage disposal, engine room liquid waste, by following all applicable regulations and procedures set for these activities.
- To minimize air pollution by following maintenance instructions and to provide all time adequate recourses and personnel to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Provide appropriate maintenance in order to minimize leakages and residues from wear and tear.
- To provide a system and instructions, and to assign responsibilities for the implementation and operation of a Garbage Management Plan aboard the ships, for the prevention of pollution by garbage from Ships.
- To provide continuous training both ashore and on board personnel, in order to keep familiar with all described procedures, as well as all National and International rule and regulations.
- To minimize paper consumption by using electronic methods of reporting and filing where applicable.
- Old electronics and office equipment/materials/paper to be given to recycling reception facilities or to be donated for further use in institutions.
GSL is certified with ISO 14001/2004 with Bureau Veritas.
- The policy of Goldenport Shipmanagement Ltd is to supply all its customers with services which consistently meet their needs and requirements.
- The Company is totally committed to achieving the highest management standards.
- The Company aims to remain a leading Ship Management Company by continuous improvement and innovation.
- This involves the active participation, endeavour and ideas of all shore and seagoing personnel.
- These high standards of work and safety will be achieved by operating a quality system which meet the requirements of the International Standard ISO 9001, 2008 .
- Compliance with this policy the quality procedures and shipboard instructions is mandatory and binding upon all shore and sea personnel. Quality is the responsibility of everyone working for and on behalf of Goldenport Shipmanagement Ltd.
GSL is certified with ISO 9001/2004 with Bureau Veritas.
Goldenport Shipmanagement Ltd. developed implemented and maintains a safety management system which provides health & safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life, avoidance of damage of the environment, in particular, to the marine environment and to property.
Goldenport Shipmanagement Ltd. aim is to take into account all national and international regulations in order to provide safe practices to the marine industry. All personnel ashore and seagoing committed to support this effort in continuous basis.
GSL is certified as per ISM with Bureau Veritas.